Turkish Machine Theory Association (MAKTED) was founded in 31.05.2011 in Ankara. The founders are Prof. Dr. Eres Söylemez, Prof. Dr. M. Kemal Özgören, Prof. Dr. Bülent E. Platin, Prof. Dr. Reşit Soylu, Assist. Prof. Dr. Ergin Tönük, Dr. Gökhan Kiper ve Mümin Özsipahi.
MAKTED joined International Federation for the Promotion of Mechanism and Machine Science (IFToMM) in 2011. MAKTED is authorized to arrange IFToMM affiliated symposiums and conferences.
The center of the Association was moved to İzmir in 2019.
- 1. To promote research and development in the field of theory of machines in Turkey.
- 2. To encourage members for international cooperation and publication in the field of machine theory or related sciences.
- 3. To increase nationwide and worldwide mobility of researchers in the field of machine theory or related sciences.
- 4. To invite and host foreign experts in Turkish universities for lectures and workshops.
- 5. To fund young researchers in the field of machine theory in their participation in related activities.
- 6. To organize international conferences/sympossia in the field of machine theory.
- 7.To organize international summer/winter schools.
- 8. To honor eminent researchers, engineers and organizations in the field of machine theory.